- What Type of Information Does ABL Collect?
- How Does ABl Use Information About You?
- Does ABL Share Personal Information with Third Parties?
- How Long is Personal Information Retained For?
- How is Personal Information Secured?
- What are Your Rights and Choices?
- Does ABL Transfer Data Internationally?
- Contact Us
1. What Type of Information Does ABL Collect?
There are several ways we may collect information from or about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; and (B) information that we automatically or passively collect.
A. Information You Provide
The personal information collected by ABL may include:
- Name, postal address, phone number, fax number, and e-mail address.
- Financial account information, such as credit card number and other payment
information. Please note, we do not retain credit card information. We may also collect information about you such as:
- If you subscribe – your demographic information that you provide.
- If you purchase from ABL – what you buy, and how frequently you buy.
- If you take a survey or interact with us in various other ways – demographics information that you provide and information about subjects that may interest you.
- If you connect your account to another service such as LinkedIn or Twitter, the other service may send us your registration or profile information on that service that you authorize. This information enables cross-platform data sharing to improve your user experience.
B. Information We Automatically Collect
Please note that we automatically collect the following information about you:
- Website Use Information. We may automatically collect website use information when you visit our site. This may include information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may use third-party service providers to support our website. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
To learn more about your advertising choices relating to the collection and use of your information, please see the “What are Your Rights and Choices” section below.
C. Information Collected From Other Sources
We may acquire information from other trusted sources to update or supplement the information that you provide or that we collect automatically. We may use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services or other offers that may be of interest to you, and for internal business analysis or other business purposes.
D. Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our online services, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
2. How Does ABL Use Information About You?
ABL may use the information we collect from and about you for a variety of business purposes, including to:
- Allow us to process orders, registrations, and customer service inquiries.
- Communicate with you about your orders, purchases, accounts, and requests for information.
- Provide you with information about products and services we offer (if you agree to receive such information).
- Address problems with the website or our business, and to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our business.
We also use anonymous or aggregated information to allow us to audit site usage, create marketing profiles, manage our relationship with advertisers, and to provide support services to us. This processing may involve profiling – for example, to create audiences based on demographic or location-based information for marketing and customization. We will have a lawful basis for processing your data if:
- We need to process your information in order to provide you with the products or service you have requested or to enter into a contract;
- You have consented to such processing;
- We have a legitimate interest for processing your data – e.g., for fraud prevention; network and information systems security; data analytics; enhancing, modifying or improving our services; identifying usage trends; and/or
- We are legally obliged to process it.
3. Does ABL Share Personal Information With Third Parties?
We do not share your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here. We may share your personal information with:
- Our Affiliates: We may share your information with our affiliates and subsidiaries bearing the Akbar Brothers brand for business, operational, promotional and marketing purposes.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your information with third party service providers that provide business, professional or technical support functions for us (including to the extent necessary or desirable to fulfil or ship your order or complete your transaction), help us operate our business and the website, or administer activities on our behalf.
- Selected Advertisers: We sometimes work with advertisers or other third parties to serve ads targeted to your interests, or to collect data for conversion tracking (that is, what actions you take after you click on an ad).
- Aggregate or Anonymous Non-Personal Information: We may also share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties for their marketing or analytics uses.
4. How Long is Personal Information Retained For?
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purpose it is being processed for. For example, we will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services; and after that, we will keep the personal information for a reasonable period of time, which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to your account.
5. How is Personal Information Secured?
ABL maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. While we take these steps to protect your personal information as much as we reasonably can, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any storage of data, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
6. What are Your Rights and Choices?
We respect your privacy rights and provide you with reasonable access and rights to the personal data that you may have provided through your use of the website and services. You may update, amend, or delete your account information and/or preferences at any time by:
- Following the opt-out instructions in promotional emails, we send you.
- Contacting us directly
7. Contact Us
Akbar Brothers Pvt Ltd
No 334, T B Jayah Mw
Colombo – 10, Sri Lanka
Phone: 0094 11 269 7151